We're Hiring! Open Harvard i-lab positions
Events and Operations Coordinator
Overview of responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Director, i-lab Operations, the Coordinator will support and lead operations efforts in running the day-to-day operations of the l i-lab facility. The position will be serve as a primary point person within the i-lab team for managing day-to-day events, operations, policies, and resources. This role includes heavy personal interaction with faculty, students, and staff.
- Primary point person within the i-lab team for managing day-to-day events, operations, policies, and resources
- Support Harvard University students in their exploration and pursuit of entrepreneurship, as a source of advice, information, referral and support.
- Develop and manage data related to student participation including monthly metrics reporting, pulling from multiple sources. Prepare statistics and reports; identify interesting and relevant trends from data.
- Creatively reinforce the values of the i-lab community of the i-lab by working with, and connecting students, ventures, and expert resources.
- Must be customer focused, enjoy working with undergraduate and graduate students, and be comfortable serving as a key point person.
- Support requests from a community with multiple stakeholders, and multiple, often competing interests with creativeness and discretion.
- Develop relationships with colleagues across Harvard; serves as point of contact for colleagues across Harvard.
- Contribute to i-lab website and related communication, including analyzing web trends; responsible for maintaining site content.
- Support the communication of the work of the student ventures and the i-lab through various media; develop targeted communications, newsletter content, and identifies compelling student and community stories, we well as author blog posts.
- Other duties, tasks, and special projects as required
Other Skills and Experiences:
- Naturally inclined to say yes, and problem-solve to help arrive at the solution.
- Enjoys working as part of a team and pitching in to accomplish an evolving agenda.
- Must have a “no job is too big or small” philosophy about work.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Prior Events and Operations or coworking-space experience and excellent organizational skills with particular ability to prioritize work in an environment with multiple and changing interests.
- Proven organizational skills and project management experience, required.
- Practical entrepreneurial experience and avid interest in staying current on new developments in technology, tools, and products that would be useful to and appreciated by constituent group.
- Competency using a variety of computer software, including Excel, Word, and databases.
- Demonstrable experience in HTML or Adobe CreativeSuite
- Experience in communications, including web management, graphic design, and creative uses of other forms of media required.
To Apply for the Position:
Send an email expressing interest, and a cover letter/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
and include Events Coordinator in the subject line.