The Harvard Innovation Labs’ AR/VR Studio policies are intended to make sure everyone using the space is treated fairly and is respectful of one another and the equipment. The general purpose of the studio is to provide computer equipment and AR/VR tools in a secure, respectful environment to educate and help students take their ideas further, faster.
Reserving Equipment and Workstations
The AR/VR workstations can be reserved daily from 7 am to 10 pm, online or through the tablet located at each computer workstation. There is a 2-hour time limit for each workstation. Also, do not sign up for more than 4 hours of use in a 24 hour period.
Rules and Other Policies:
1. The AR/VR Studio is available to be used by full-time, degree-seeking Harvard students only.
2. All PCs and accessories are not allowed outside of the AR/VR Studio(i.e. cell phones, headsets, other related devices). Cameras are the only exception and are available to be signed out.
3. No food or drinks are permitted at computer workstations.
4. Students are not permitted to install, modify, or delete any software on the AR/VR Studio computers.
5. No moving of equipment or cables.
6. No illegal copying of any materials.
7. Keep sound levels to a minimum. No cell phone use is permitted in the studio.
8. No documents or files are to be saved on the computer. Please use your own storage devices.
9. Protect your security. Log out once you leave the workstation unattended. If you leave the area, you are giving up your workstation time and will have to sign up for another time. No exceptions.
10. The i-lab and the Harvard Innovation Labs are not responsible for problems caused by computer viruses, improper use of the equipment, or loss of data due to malfunctions or any other reasons.
11. Reproduction of any copyrighted material, i.e., software, music, video, books, or photographs is prohibited.
The studio is a secure work environment which is monitored by a Harvard security team. Please secure all equipment upon leaving the work area.