We’re excited to offer our Venture Incubation Program teams exclusive programming and resources each semester, including:
- An i-lab Staff Advisor for your team, along with VIP-only Office Hours.
- Weekly events around key entrepreneurial topics, led by peers and guest innovators.
- The VIP Mentor Program, which requires a separate application, operates during Fall and Spring terms.
- Access to the da Vinci Room (a.k.a. the i-lab Hardware Prototyping Room), and FormLabs 3D Printer.
- VIP Technical Resources: see below for details!
VIP Community Handbook
Click here to view a PDF of our Spring 2017 Community Handbook for the term. It contains all you need to know about VIP resources and what you can look forward to in the program. We recommend keeping this bookmarked as a reference all term.
VIP Perks & Tech Credits
Don’t know the first thing about building tech?
- Here’s a quick-and-dirty guide to building a website that we whipped up.
- You can also request office hours with Phil Greenwald, our tech advisor.
Are you developing your own software service or application? VIP teams get free hosting with several providers:
- $10,000 in Amazon Web Services credits + support and training: DETAILS
- $20,000 in Google Cloud Platform credits + support to VIPs: DETAILS
- $5,000 in Digital Ocean credits: DETAILS
- $1,000/month in SoftLayer hosting credits + deployment support: DETAILS
Help Building Your Application
Want to create an application but don’t know how to code? Some Harvard alums have created Bubble, which lets you build an app without coding:
- $500/month for 6 months in Bubble credits (build and deploy your app without coding): DETAILS
- AirDev, who can build your Bubble app for you, is offering free design consultation to VIPs: DETAILS
Learning Resources for Current Harvard Students
Your current harvard.edu email address can unlock resources offered by the i-lab and other Harvard departments. Our VIP teams have found these two learning platforms particularly useful:
- Harvard’s LyndaCampus program offers over 4,000 courses on Microsoft, Adobe, and Apple products, as well as business skills, computer programming and web design, audio and video tools, and more, all taught by industry experts. Access to Lynda is provided free of charge to Harvard students, faculty, and staff through the University’s Center for Workplace Development.
- Want to learn to code? Treehouse offers excellent online classes on web & mobile development: DETAILS
Located just steps from the i-lab, MSP Digital Marketing is a full-service digital printing and marketing agency, with an office in the basement of the Spangler building on the HBS campus.
- MSP has partnered with the Harvard Innovation Labs to offer all Venture Incubation Program members a 10% discount on our full range of printing and marketing services, including: Color and B&W Printing, Posters, Business Cards, Bannerstands and Conference Displays, Graphic Design.
- Email Harvard@MSPDigital.com or call 617-868-5778 and mention that you are a Harvard Innovation Labs VIP team from the i-lab, Launch Lab, or Life Lab.
Besides free legal office hours offered during the spring and fall semesters, these local firms offer comprehensive online resources:
- Goodwin’s Founders Workbench provides lots of free tools and tips, including their Document Driver, Capital Calculator, Deal Dictionary, and Founders Finder.
- WilmerHale Launch is chock full of content, and a Knowledge Navigator to help explore by topic. They also provide some super-useful tools in their Startup Dictionary, Document Generator, Equity Calculator, and Q&A Forum.
- VIP teams may also be interested to apply to HLEP (the Harvard Law Entrepreneurship Project), which matches teams of Harvard Law School students with student-led startups from Harvard and MIT on a semester-long basis.
Suggest more VIP perks:
Have an idea for another VIP perk that you’d like to utilize? Just use this form to submit to our VIP Perks Wish List.